A.B.L is well experienced to provide following services for LEED commissioning.
LEED: Fundamental Commissioning
Fundamental Commissioning is a prerequisite and requires the following:
- Assist with the OPR (Owner's Project Requirements).
- Make sure the BOD (Basis Of Design) is being developed by the design team.
- Review the OPR and the BOD to make sure that they are in agreement.
- Verify that commissioning requirements are included with the construction documents.
- Develop and implementation of Commissioning Plan.
- Verify the installation and performance of the following systems.
- Perform functional testing on following systems.
- Delivery of Commissioning Report.
Systems to be commissioned
The minimum systems that should be commissioned to meet the LEED requirements:
- HVAC systems and controls.
- Lighting and daylighting.
- Domestic hot water.
- Renewable energy
LEED: Enhance Commissioning
Enhanced commissioning requires the following in addition to all the Basic Requirements:
- Perform a 50% Construction Document Review
- Review submittals of commissioned systems
- Produce a systems manual for commissioned systems
- Verify training requirements are complete
- Participate in the "11-mo" walk through (LEED says 8-10 month) but the intent of this is to review the building operations with the owner prior to the standard 12-month contractor warranties expire.